Rhuddlan was a railway station located in Rhuddlan, Denbighshire. It first opened in 1858 as part of the Vale of Clwyd Railway, and afterward under several different companies. The station closed to passengers on 19 September 1955, some seven years after nationalization.
Access was provided by the road towards Abergele, which passed over the tracks south of the station via a railway bridge.
There were steps down from the bridge directly onto the platform for foot passengers,(these are not all that remains of the original station) while a side road was constructed for vehicles.
There was a near disaster in June 1921 when a car came off the bridge and went down a steep bank, ending a few feet short of the platform just prior to the arrival of a train.
It is such a shame that this line was closed and the station demolished. The Station would have made a great house, but also all of these lines lead to smaller towns and villages that are now no longer assessable by train just by car and bus.
It would be wonderful to travel to towns such as Rhuddlan, Mold, Holywell, Denbigh, St Asaph and others by train.
For further info see http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/r/rhuddlan/