This is very sad news, The odd thing is that this terrible arson has had hardly any media coverage!
For such a major event it should be headline news so that witnesses can come forward.
I hope the man that is caught will be jailed, what a lowlife.
Our hearts go out to the poor owners as if being a publican isn't hard enough without this sort of thing happening.
A PUB in Colwyn Bay has said it will remain closed indefinitely after it was the target of an arson attack earlier this week.
The Toad, on West Promenade, was due to be closed from September 24-30.
But after the incident on Tuesday morning (September 27), it confirmed it will remain closed “for the foreseeable”.
It plans to reopen once the damage caused by the attack has been repaired.
A post on the pub’s Facebook page read: “We were due to reopen tomorrow, but due to a random arson attack in the early hours of Tuesday morning, this has caused some considerable damage to The Toad.
“So, we will be closed for the foreseeable.
“For any people with bookings, we will be in touch in due course.
“We will be doing everything we can to restore The Toad and open our doors again.”
Yesterday (September 28), police confirmed a man had been arrested in connection with two arson offenses in the Colwyn Bay and Rhos-on-Sea areas.
A North Wales Police spokesperson said: “As many people living locally will be aware two incidents of suspected arson took place in the Colwyn Bay/Rhos on Sea area in the early hours of the morning on September 27.
“As a result of proactive police work and our partners in Conwy Council CCTV, an adult male, not from the North Wales area, was arrested very quickly for these offenses.
“The investigation is continuing but at this time we have no reason to believe that any further such incidents will take place.”
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment